Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Brushes At The Ready!

I've had a "painty" day. Trying out the fantastic Annie Sloan chalk paints. This is a set of shelves which you may recognise! I had been "making" & selling these at Aberdeen Antique Centre but this set were getting the full Annie Sloan treatment!



A first coat of Antibes Green, a beautiful, rich colour. Then once dry I gave the shelves a wax with Annie Sloan clear wax.  It's a lovely, soft wax that goes on like a dream! 
I then painted the shelves all over with Old White. A coat of clear wax then I sanded lightly to reveal the coloured paint. I then applied some dark wax to give the shelves an aged and worn look.  I am pleased with the effect and the shelves look great in the shop among the French rustic pieces!

 

2 comments:

  1. WOW, these are so gorgeous, love how you achieved the look.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little tables...they are SO sweet....x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comments left!

There was an error in this gadget