Monday, 12 September 2011

Annie Sloan..what a woman!

Last Saturday I attended a stockists course at the Annie Sloan "mothership"! It was a long way to go for me, Aberdeen to Oxford, but it was totally worth it.  I met the great woman herself who's knowledge, enthusiasm and belief in her products was inspiring.  It was also fab to meet other stockists and compare notes! The lovely girls from Home Barn and the talented Jenny from Fair Lilly were great company. Check out their sites and see the wonderful things they produce.

Here we are, beavering away like good students, not a drop of paint was spilled, despite me being the most clumsy person on the planet!  It was a great chance to refine our skills and tips were shared aplenty!  We all left enthused and our passion for painting all fired up, so watch out!













After the workshop there was time to look around Annies lovely shop.  So great to see pieces that I had seen in her books "in the flesh" so to speak!

This cute little bedside has been beautifully painted in Cream and Henrietta.  I was beside myself with excitement when I saw all the Annie Sloan fabrics. Tickings, checks, spots, toile, florals and my particular favourite, chickens!  I immediately had to purchase some to take home and all thoughts of  hand luggage only were swiftly forgotten. I have samples in the form of bunting in the shop so it's easy to see the fabrics together with the paint colours. 

 
 To have a range, of very reasonably priced, fabrics is very exciting!  Think of the possibilities! I have already made a lampshade, sample board and am working on a curtain and a chair! Phew!














I really liked this appliqued chicken cushion, clever, cute and relatively simple to make.

Finally, so immersed was I in all things Annie Sloan that when I was gazing out of the window on the bus from Oxford to Heathrow, my mind was in paint chart mode......

... I could see Paris Grey with a touch of French Linen, Old White with Greek Blue, Pure with Louis Blue and Olive with Graphite.  Yep, I know it's the most organic paint out there but there's definitely something in the mix!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a mega fun time...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comments left!

There was an error in this gadget