Friday, 27 January 2012

Let's Catch Up!

First of all, what can I say, sorry. I have been neglectful of my blog {hangs head in shame}. The end of the year was obviously an extremely busy time in the shop and all my energy was going into dealing with all the festive merchandise. And of course there's the post Christmas lull, which I fell into! Now I have had time to get my "mojo" working again and I am firing on all cylinders, well nearly all, a bit of an MOT may be needed!
There is lots of great new stock coming in to the shop and a theme of love seems to be filtering through, must be the time of year, from cherubs to hearts, that's amore!

Everyone loves a heart and I have a selection of candles, frames, decorations and dishes all heart-shaped.
I am even feeling the LOVE for painting again!  This occasional table was painted with Pure then crackleglaze and a top coat of Graphite. It was a bit of an experiment but I am happy with the result.

Amy, my Saturday girl, painted this sweet little table with Provence. I was very impressed! 

                      The shop has been quiet which has allowed me to paint  pieces of furniture that have been patiently waiting for my attention!  It's so easy to accumulate various bits that are ideal for Annie Sloan treatment but I struggle to find time to do them justice. I have had this wall unit in the back of my van for about 5 months! The poor thing desperately needed a paint-job, so a lick of Greek Blue with Pure on the drawers, new knobs, bit of stencilling and a few wee mirrors! Yes, there is quite a lot going on, I might paint over the stencilling.

 The next thing to get "Sloaned" was a bureau. It had been lurking about the workshop area for months and I was starting to get used to it and was using it to store all sorts! So this week I went for it!  A mix of Chateau Grey & Versaille, I poured the colours into a tray and just mixed it as I painted with it.
For the inside I used Aubusson, it's one of my favourite colours. I stencilled a motto, decoupaged a picture, used some Craquelure. (the drawers are Versaille but look a funny colour in this photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comments left!

There was an error in this gadget